Mission Patient Update: 7-30-2020
Dear Patients and Friends:
We want to provide an update regarding how Mission Cancer + Blood is responding to the ever-evolving COVID-19 pandemic. We are diligently working to adapt our environment to keep you and your families safe.
Since our last update, we’ve enhanced some of our procedures and wanted to make you aware of those changes:
- Per guidance from the American Society of Clinical Oncology, we strongly recommend patients who are about to start treatment – or are entering a new cycle of treatment – be tested for COVID-19. We are happy to arrange for testing at a time and place most convenient for you. This precaution is with the health and safety of all patients and staff members in mind. At this time, we are not requiring the testing of all patients, but will adjust requirements based on new information.
- For added convenience, we have adopted the Zoom telehealth platform that will soon be available for use with each of our providers.
As you are aware, we have adopted several precautionary measures with your health and well-being in mind. One of the most impactful changes has been our visitor policy, which is consistent with outpatient practices at both major hospital systems:
- Patients are limited to one adult visitor/caregiver during each visit.
- The visitor/caregiver must be free of any signs of illness and will be screened for symptoms of COVID-19 once they arrive at the office.
- Visitors/caregivers are required to wear a mask.
- Individuals who are high risk for severe disease (i.e., underlying cardiopulmonary disease, uncontrolled diabetes, etc.) are strongly encouraged to NOT visit as a designated caregiver.
- Visitors/caregivers must be over the age of 18.
We understand these restrictions may be seen as stringent. Please be assured these precautionary policies are in the best interest of you and our staff members, and they align with our commitment to keeping you and your families safe.
Finally, we know there is so much uncertainty in the world today, including the potential loss of a job or health insurance. We have a team of financial counselors that can help find alternative funding paths as well as navigate Medicaid coverage. Please contact us immediately if you have lost your insurance. We will do everything we can to assist you in finding solutions.
Thank you again for the trust you place in us.
Mission Cancer + Blood