If interested in this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to the following link at indeed.com: Scheduling Specialist
Job Title: Scheduling Specialist (Referrals Team)
Organizational Structure: Reports to Clinical Operations Officer
Basic Function and Scope of Responsibilities: The Scheduling Specialist provides medical office support to patients and the referrals teams. Schedules appointments for new hematology and oncology referrals.
- Schedules and coordinates new patient appointments for oncology and hematology referrals to Mission Cancer + Blood.
- Follow up on No Shows and Cancellations to reschedule in a timely manner.
- Answers the telephone and greets patients in a courteous, efficient manner. Routes messages to appropriate.
- Multi-tasks by entering data into computer system while on the phone or in person with patients.
- Ensuring all patient information and prior authorizations are obtained prior to scheduling.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- High School Graduate or equivalent with GED
- Previous Medical Office experience preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Knowledge of computer systems
- Knowledge of electronic medical records
- Knowledge of HIPAA
- Knowledge of medical practice policies and procedures
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong multitasking abilities.
- Prior scheduling experience preferred.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Electronic Medical Records experience preferred.
- Strong computer skills including Windows file management and MS Office, and email experience.
- Ability to work productively and effectively in a fast-paced environment.
Mission Cancer + Blood is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all associated responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions. Mission Cancer + Blood, reserves the right to change, amend, add, delete and otherwise assign any and all duties, responsibilities and position titles as it deems necessary to meet the needs of the business.
Original Date: April 2021
Mission Cancer + Blood
1221 Pleasant Street Suite 100, Des Moines, Iowa
411 Laurel Street, Suite A300, Des Moines, Iowa
12495 University Avenue, Suite 200, Clive, Iowa
100 East Grand, Suite 200, Des Moines, Iowa
Job Type: Part-timeBack to Careers Archive