Patient Access Float Specialist
If interested in this position, please click on the link below to apply on Indeed.com: Patient Access Float Specialist
Basic Function and Scope of Responsibilities:
The Patient Service Representative provides total medical office support including check-in, check-out, calls, and medical records functions. Manage the reception of patients within the office and by telephone. Obtains patient insurance and demographic information, collects co-pays, schedules new and return appointments including treatments or tests, pre-certify any test or admission as required by insurance, monitor and distribute inbound and outbound documentation whether electronic or paper format.
– Answers the telephones and greets patients in a courteous, efficient manner. Routes messages to appropriate discipline.
– Conducts patient check in and check-out process.
– Collect co-payments at time of service and manages daily cash receipts.
– Registers new patients in Patient Management System, ensuring all information is complete prior to scheduling.
– Schedules patient appointments, tests, and coordinating outside referrals.
– Electronically scan appropriate patient related records into the Electronic Health Record.
– Completes and processes requests for Medical Records.
– Demonstrates excellent customer service. Respond promptly to patient, physician and clinical requests.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Education Requirements: High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent
– Previous medical office experience is desired
– Knowledge of health care insurance
– Knowledge of HIPAA
– Electronic Medical Records
– Medical Terminology
– Clinic Office Processes and Procedures
Skills and Abilities
– Strong verbal and written communication skills
– Ability to be diplomatic and effectively communicate during stressful situations
– Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
– Excellent customer service skills
– Above average computer application skills
– Proficient using Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
– Ability to be flexible and adapt to different admitting department locations
– Ability to prioritize or multitask in a fast pace environment
– Work may be stressful at times due to continual interaction with others and the nature of the medical specialty.
– Must possess the physical and mental abilities to perform the tasks normally associated with the role including walking, bending, standing, reaching, and sitting.
– Medical office or reception area. Exposure to communicable diseases and other conditions related to clinic setting.
Physical surroundings: Medical office
Adverse working environment Work may be stressful due to continual interaction with others, long hours required and nature of the medical specialty.
Physical Effort: Must possess the physical and mental abilities to perform the tasks normally associated with this role including walking, bending, standing, reaching, and sitting. Lifting up to 40 pounds of technology equipment.
Local Travel: Occasional, within city limits only
Domestic/International Travel: None
Extensive Hours: Varies due to need
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all associated responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions. Mission Cancer + Blood reserves the right to change, amend, add, delete, and otherwise assign any and all duties, responsibilities and position titles as it deems necessary to meet the needs of the business.
Mission Cancer + Blood is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
In the interest of ensuring the safety of our employees, patients and community, Mission has adopted a mandatory vaccination policy for COVID-19. All employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless granted a reasonable accommodation for disability, religious or other extenuating circumstances. New employees will be granted a reasonable time to come into compliance with the policy, if necessary.Back to Careers Archive