Front Desk Receptionist
If you are interested in this position, please submit a resume in indeed.com by following this link
Job Title: Front Desk Specialist
Department: Patient Access
Organizational Structure: Reports to Patient Access Director
Basic Function and Scope of Responsibilities: The Front Desk Specialist provides medical office support and customer service to our patients. Manage the reception of patients within the office. Obtains patient insurance and demographic information, collects co-pays, monitors and distributes inbound and outbound documentation whether electronic or paper format to clinical teams.
- Greets patients in a courteous and efficient manner.
- Conducts and assists patients with the check-in process.
- Updates patient demographic information.
- Collects co-payments at time of service and manages daily cash receipts.
- Opens and distributes mail as required.
- Collects patient photos for electronic medical chart.
- Electronically scans patient insurance cards and photo ID.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service. Responds promptly to patient, physician and clinical requests.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- High School Graduate or equivalent with GED
- Previous Medical Office experience preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Knowledge of HIPAA
- Knowledge of customer service principles and techniques
- Knowledge of computer systems
- Knowledge of medical insurance
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Electronic Medical Records experience preferred.
- Strong computer skills including Windows file management and MS Office, and email experience.
- Ability to work productively and effectively in a fast-paced environment