3-17-2020 Mission Letter to Patients re: Coronavirus
To our Patients.
Your care and safety are our only concern. We have been monitoring the coronavirus pandemic in real-time and you will be seeing some changes at your next visit.
Please reference the CDC website with steps on How to Protect Yourself:
IF YOU BELIEVE YOU HAVE BEEN EXPOSED TO ANYONE WITH THE CORONAVIRUS OR IF YOU ARE HAVING A COMBINATION OF THESE SYMPTOMS: FEVER, RESPIRATORY (DRY OR WET COUGH), RESPIRATORY (SHORTNESS OF BREATH). PLEASE CONTACT US FIRST BEFORE COMING TO AVISIT AT 515.282.2921
We have listed the changes to our normal practice procedures below:
- Patient Pre-check-in Call: one of our staff members will be contacting you in advance of your appointment to review symptoms, temperature, and exposure history. If there are any concerns, a specialty trained nurse may contact you with additional questions and to review your treatment history. If there is any concern of exposure, we will ensure all steps are taken to follow CDC guidelines while continuing your treatment.
- Patient Check-in Check: A RN team member will be screening each patient at check-in with a temperature check, symptom check, and exposure history for both you and any guest you bring. Patients and guests may be asked to wear a mask and to sanitize their hands during the check-in visit.
- Visitor Restrictions. Patients are allowed to bring one guest with them to their appointment.
- Staff Screening: effective immediately, we are also taking the same precautions with staff.
- Staff Personal Protective equipment: effective immediately, we are requiring Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) by all clinic staff at all times.
- Valet. We have been notified that Valet services will be temporarily suspended at the downtown Mercy campus. Please park in the parking garage across the street from our clinic in the patient designated areas.
These are trying times and we appreciate your patience as some of these measures will be a bit inconvenient. It is our goal to provide as safe of an environment for you as possible during your visit.
Phil Stover, CEO and the Physicians of Mission Cancer + Blood