Weekend Urgent Care Advanced Practice Provider (ARNP or PA)
If interested in this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to the following link at indeed.com: Weekend Urgent Care APP
Basic Function and Scope of Responsibilities:
Under the direction of the physicians and administration, provides medical care to patients consistent with practice standards. Must be available five out of six weekends scheduled.
• Performs appropriate medical procedures within scope of practice as defined by credentialing and privileging processes.
• Completes detailed and accurate patient histories and reviews patient records to develop comprehensive medical status reports.
• Performs physical examinations and records all pertinent patient data.
• Interprets and evaluates patient data as authorized by the supervising physician for the purpose of determining management and treatment of patients
• Provides instructions and guidance regarding medical care matters to patients.
• Assists the supervising physician in the delivery of services to patients, including recording patient progress notes, issuing diagnostic orders, and transcribing or executing specific orders at the direction of the supervising physician.
• Administers injections, immunizations, and oral medications. Prepares written prescription orders for drugs and controlled substances.
• Responds to urgent calls and handles emergency needs of patients.
• Follows established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives; continuous quality improvement objectives; and safety, environmental, and/or infection control standards.
• Responds correctly to patient related emergencies
• Keeps current with hospital standards of care including complying with mandatory education, completing CME requirements as required by federal and state regulations, etc.
• Seeks consultation and advice by providing adequate information to consulting physicians and communicates requests effectively, and responds to such requests from the referral course in a courteous, professional, and timely manner
• Documents according to established guidelines to facilitate ongoing quality of care in a timely manner
• Supports appropriate billing for professional service through timely documentation and maintaining adequate knowledge of billing policies and procedures
• Participates in community relations as appropriate
• Regularly attends and actively participates in committee and staff meetings, when requested
• Participates in community education and other professional activities to promote the practice
• Demonstrates open, honest communication and behavior
• Demonstrates regard for the dignity and respect for all patients, their families, guests, and
representatives of other organizations, as well as for fellow employees, volunteers, and medical
• Maintains patient confidentiality and abides by all federal and state regulations in practice and
• Demonstrates responsibility for individual performance and efficiency utilization of practice
• Maintains appropriate aseptic technique for preparation, procedures, and medications
• Demonstrates current level of knowledge of various payor regulations by functioning within
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Unrestricted nurse practitioner or physician assistant license to practice in Iowa at all times
• Active member in good standing on Medical Staff with appropriate clinical privileges at all
participating hospitals in which requested to work at all times
• Participating provider status with Medicare and Medicaid programs and from participation in
any federally-funded health care program, including Medicare or Medicaid at all times
• Unrestricted federal DEA number and applicable state drug permits at all times
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
• Familiarity with EHR (e.g. Onco EMR, Allscripts, Cerner, EPIC) including ability to navigate
multiple EHR systems and provide/maintain current records in a timely fashion
BASIC CARDIAC LIFE-SUPPORT
• Must be certified
• Proof of completion of mandatory reporter abuse training specific to population serviced within
three months of hire date
PHYSICAL ACTIVITY REQUIREMENTS: (Constant = 67-100% of work day, Frequent = 35-66% of work day,
Occasional = 33% of work day)
• Reaching: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction
• Walking: Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances
• Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which
they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly,
• Hearing: Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal range. Ability to receive detailed information
through oral communication, and to make fine discriminations in sounds, i.e. auscultation of
breath sounds, blood pressure
• Feeling: Perceiving attributes of objects, such as size, shape, temperature , or texture by
touching with skin, particularly that of fingertips, i.e. nursing assessments
• Alertness: Must remain alert at all times
• Standing: Particularly for sustained periods of time
• Pushing: Using upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust
forward, downward, or outward
• Grasping: Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm
• Lifting: Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from
position to position
• Kneeling: Bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or knees
• Crouching: Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine
• Fingering: Picking, pinching, typing, or otherwise working primarily with fingers rather than with
the whole hand or arm. Requires manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination
PHYSICAL DEMAND REQUIREMENTS:
• Medium work: Exerting up to 50 lb of force occasionally and/or up to 20 lb of force frequently,
and/or up to 10 lb of force constantly to move objects
• If patient is unable to function independently, a mechanism/assistive device and/or additional
personnel must be utilized. If an object is >50 lb requires lifting, additional equipment/personnel
must also be utilized
VISUAL ACUITY REQUIREMENTS:
Work involves the accurate use of sharps and instructions to assist with procedures to provide
treatment to patients. Work requires close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust
• Adaptability to accept responsibility for the medical direction and control of the medical care
• Ability to maintain both a high standard of courtesy and cooperation in dealing with co-workers,
patients, and families; and satisfactory job performance despite the stress of a healthcare
• Ability to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another without loss of
efficiency or composure
• Ability to attend to the needs or requests of people beyond giving or receiving instructions
• Ability to adapt to situations involving the interpretation of feelings, ideas, or facts in terms of
• Ability to influence people in their opinions, attitudes, or judgments about ideas or things
• Ability to adapt to making generalizations, evaluations, or decisions based on sensory or
• Ability to adapt to making generalizations, evaluations, or decisions based on measurable or
• Ability to adapt to situations requiring precise attainment of set limits/standards
• This employee has been identified as having the likelihood of occupational exposure to blood or
other potentially infectious materials, and therefore, these materials are included in the OSHA
Exposure Control Plan with all its specifications for preventing contact with the above materials
• Various, as described by contract.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for this job. It is not
intended to be an all-inclusive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements and is subject to
change as necessitated by operational requirements.
Mission Cancer + Blood is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action
employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender,
sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran,
status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. All
employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
If interested in this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to the following link at indeed.com: Weekend Urgent Care APPExternal Job Posting
Back to Careers Archive