If you are interested in this position, please submit a resume in indeed.com by following this link
Job Title: Referral Coordinator – Clinical
Basic Function and Scope of Responsibilities: Responsible for obtaining pertinent, useful and complete medical records for physician/nurse teams prior to patient’s scheduled appointment. Ensure appointments are scheduled in a timely manner according to patient acuity.
– Review incoming records from outside providers for completeness.
– Request missing records and documentation from outside providers prior to patient’s scheduled appointment.
– Schedule appointments for various appointment types: oncology, hematology, genetics, etc.
– Maintain ongoing tracking and appropriate documentation on referrals to promote team awareness and ensure patient safety.
– Abstract chart information into the EHR as requested by physician/nurse teams.
– Contact review organizations and insurance companies to ensure prior approval requirements are met before initial appointment.
– Monitor and oversee referral intake process making recommendations for improved outcomes as necessary.
– Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
– Current Iowa Registered Nursing License.
– Oncology Nursing Certification preferred but not required
– Performance Requirements:
− Clinical knowledge regarding oncology care services and medical management of oncology patients.
− Knowledge of medical office functions.
− Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to maintain a safe work environment
− Knowledge of radiology, lab, and other tests as deemed necessary.
− Knowledge of Medical Oncology and Hematology Policy/Procedures.
− Knowledge of and ability to operate computer software programs used by MOHA.
− Knowledge of all HIPAA and confidentiality policies and procedures.
Skills and Abilities:
− Skill in exercising initiative, judgment, discretion and decision-making to complete job responsibilities.
− Skill in planning and organizing work to complete tasks in a timely manner.
− Strong verbal and written communication skills and communicate in a clear manner.
− Ability to teach both clinical and non-clinical personnel regarding care and diagnostics services.
− Ability to work collaboratively with a team.
− Must have a pleasant, friendly personality.
− Ability to multi-task, organize and prioritize.