Senior Payroll Specialist
If you are interested in this position, please submit a resume on Indeed.com by following this link, Senior Payroll Specialist.
Job Title: Senior Payroll Specialist
Organizational Structure: Reports to Chief Financial Officer
Basic Function and Scope of Responsibilities: The primary responsibility of the Payroll Specialist is to successfully prepare and process a bi-weekly payroll for approximately 200+ employees. This position works within the Finance Team and handles all employee compensation within the company as well as provides support for Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable.
- Prepare and process biweekly payroll, preparing accurate information for approval by deadline.
- Process and review timecards within designated HR/payroll software (ADP) and provide follow-up with managers as needed.
- Track, record, and process wage garnishments as they are received.
- Assist HR in entering new hire information and manage the terminations within payroll software for all staff.
- Provide excellent customer service when communicating with staff including billing, lab, nursing, and Advanced Practice Providers.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive and personal information.
- Work with accounting to reconcile payroll transactions.
- Maintain personal time off (PTO) records and ensure PTO is paid out as needed upon terminations.
- Handle all outside incoming calls/inquiries related to payroll.
- Research, resolve and communicate resolution to all interested parties with payroll issues or concerns related to taxation, W-2s, earnings, deductions, reimbursements, and bonuses.
- Work with accounting to initiate, process, and distribute manual checks as required.
- Helps to ensure payroll practices meet government compliance.
- Provide support to accounting with data entry in Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable.
- All other duties as assigned with or without accommodation
Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- College degree preferred or equivalent experience
- 2-3 years of payroll experience required; experience with ADP preferred
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
Skills and Abilities:
- Communication skills: verbal, written
- Interpersonal skills
- Problem solving skills
- Excellent time management skills and ability to set and deliver on multiple priorities
- Flexibility and the willingness to be cross-trained and assist as needed
- Superior attention to detail while meeting tight deadlines, conflicting priorities and demands in a fast-paced environment
- Able to perform in a team environment with minimum supervision
- Able to perform well under pressure
- Able to adjust to changing priorities and workload and consistently meet deadlines.
- Ability to learn and apply specific knowledge, skills, and technology required for the job
- Able to provide excellent customer service to both internal and external customers with a professional, positive attitude