IOD Pharmacy Technician
If interested in this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to the following link at indeed.com: Pharmacy Technician – IOD
General Job Title: In Office Dispensing Pharmacy Technician
· Department: Pharmacy
· Basic Function and Scope of Responsibilities: Under the supervision of the Physician in Charge or Nurse Supervisor, will assist in preparation and distribution of oral chemotherapy medications to Mission patients. Duties include but not limited to: prescription processing and dispensing of oral chemotherapy medications, insurance verification and billing, inventory management and researching financial assistance programs.
· Principal Responsibilities:
· Coordinate prescribed pharmacy care with healthcare team.
· Service in-house and specialty pharmacy prescription orders.
· Process, prepare and dispense medications using Pharmaserv system which includes inputting data, claim adjudication, filling, and labeling prescription bottles.
· Work closely with the Advance Practice Providers (APP) Flex Team for prescription verification, drug to drug interaction/dose checks and scheduling chemotherapy teaches.
· Prepare medications for shipment for clinic and home delivery.
· Assist in coordinating patients’ oral drug acquisition, including benefit analysis and verification, completing prior authorizations, and securing financial assistance for patients.
· Processing and troubleshooting orders through the POS (point of sale) system.
· Receive payments from patients for prescriptions.
· Maintain strong working relationships with specialty pharmacies.
· Assist clinical pharmacist and In Office Dispensing manager in the development and implementation of an internal quality control assurance plan for the dispensing program.
· Assist with ongoing oversight of oral dispensing by bringing to the pharmacist potential issues and concerns.
· Follow daily opening/closing procedures and send Point of Sale deposits and reports to the billing department.
· Assist with inventory management and control of oral medications.
· Assist with monthly tracking of expired oral medications.
· Assist with tracking of waste management.
· Maintain daily logs for temperature, dispensing, and deliveries.
· Maintain records of prescriptions, invoices, and all dispensing records in a manner that is easily retrievable.
· Assist with running and tracking end of day and end of month reports.
· Assist with third party billing and remittance reconciliation.
· Communicate and document prescription status in the electronic health record.
· Answer phone calls from and place phone calls to patients or health care team.
· Address questions and concerns from, but not limited to the following: patients, healthcare teams, APP Flex team, third party insurance providers, specialty pharmacies, and financial assistance organizations and/or programs.
· Complete annual training in Fraud Waste & Abuse, Point of Sale Security, HIPPA, and Hazardous Drug handling/waste.
· Complete assignments and other tasks as assigned.
· Maintained a clean work environment.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
· Education Requirements:
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· Iowa Pharmacy Technician Registration and at least 2 years of retail pharmacy experience.
· Earn and maintain a national pharmacy technician certification.
· Previous work in oncology setting preferred.
· Specialty Pharmacy experience preferred.
· Performance Requirements:
– Knowledge of oral chemotherapy drugs and proper handling to reduce hazardous exposures.
– Knowledge of retail pharmacy services.
– Knowledge of insurance and prior authorization requirements for coverage of medications.
– Knowledge of insurance billing and claim reconciliation
– Knowledge of financial support sources for patient assistance.
Skills and Abilities:
– Strong time management and organizational skills with an ability to focus and prioritize tasks at hand.
– Problem solving and critical thinking skills to identify issues and bring to a quick resolution.
– Excellent customer service skills both over the phone and in person.
– Accurate data entry skills.
– Excellent communication skills both orally and in writing.
– Ability to competently use Microsoft Office and other appropriate software programs.
– Maintain patient confidentiality.
Mission Cancer + Blood is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.