Human Resources Generalist
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter on Indeed.com or by clicking here: HR Generalist
Basic Function and Scope of Responsibilities:
The Human Resource Generalist will run the daily functions of the Human Resource (HR) department including hiring and interviewing staff, administering pay, benefits, and leave, and enforcing company policies and practices.
– May oversee the scheduling, assignments, and daily workflow of subordinate staff in the department.
– May assist with constructive and timely performance evaluations.
– Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments. This may include safety training, anti-harassment training, professional licensure, and aptitude exams and certifications.
– Recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
– Conducts or acquires background checks and employee eligibility verifications.
– Implements new hire orientation and employee recognition programs.
– Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
– Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
– Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
– Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
– Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
– Performs other duties as assigned.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
– Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field and/or equivalent experience.
– Prefer 3-5 years of Human Resources experience
– Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
– Working understanding of human resource principles, practices and procedures.
– Basic knowledge of ADP or HRIS software systems preferred
Skills and Abilities:
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
– Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
– Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
– Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
– Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
– Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
– Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
– Ability to think through processes and potential impact to employees with regard to daily HR needs
– Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills. Proven experience in providing support to internal and external customers
– Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
– Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s HRIS and talent management systems.