Advanced Practice Provider – Flex APP Program
If interested in this role, please submit a resume on indeed.com at the following link: Advanced Practice Provider – Flex APP Program
Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
Basic Function and Scope of Responsibilities:
Under the direction of the Physicians and Administration, provides medical care to patient consistent with practice standards.
- Performs appropriate medical procedures within scope of practice as defined by credentialing and privileging processes.
- Completes detailed and accurate patient histories and reviews patient records to develop comprehensive medical status reports.
- Performs physical examinations and record all pertinent patient data.
- Participates with other NP/PAs in the performance of all call on a rotating schedule.
- Interprets and evaluates patient data as authorized by the supervising physician for the purpose of determining management and treatment of patients.
- Provides instructions and guidance regarding medical care matters to patients.
- Provides survivorship planning and guidance to patients.
- Provides chemotherapy teaching and guidance to all MOHA patients receiving chemotherapy.
- Assists the supervising physician in the delivery of services to patients, including recording patient progress notes, issuing diagnostic orders and transcribing or executing specific orders at the direction of the supervising physician.
- Administers injections, immunizations, and oral medications. Prepares written prescription orders for drugs and controlled substances.
- Responds to urgent calls and handles emergency needs of patients.
- Provides monitoring and continuity of care between physician visits.
- Follows established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, and safety, environmental, and /or infection control standards.
- Responds correctly to patient related emergencies.
- Keeps current with hospital standards of care including complying with mandatory education, completing CME requirements as required by federal and state regulations, etc.
- Seeks consultation and advice by providing adequate information to consulting physicians and communicates requests effectively, and responds to such requests from the referral course in a courteous, professional, and timely manner.
- Documents according to established guidelines to facilitate ongoing quality of care in a timely manner.
- Supports appropriate billing for professional service through timely documentation and maintaining adequate knowledge of billing policies and procedures.
- Participates in community relations as appropriate.
- Regularly attends and actively participates in committee and staff meetings, when requested.
- Participates in community education and other professional activities to promote the practice.
- Demonstrates open, honest communication and behavior.
- Demonstrates regard for the dignity and respect for all patients, their families, guests, and representatives of other organizations as well as fellow employees, volunteers, and medical staff.
- Maintains patient confidentiality and abides by all federal and state regulations in practice and billing.
- Demonstrates responsibility for individual performance and efficient utilization of practice resources.
- Maintains appropriate aseptic technique for preparation, procedures and medications administered.
- Demonstrates current level of knowledge of various payor regulations by functioning within those guidelines.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Unrestricted nurse practitioner or physician assistant license to practice in Iowa at all times.
- Active member in good standing on Medical Staff (“Medical Staff”) with appropriate clinical privileges at all participating hospitals in which requested to work at all times.
- Participating provider status with Medicare and Medicaid programs and from participation in any federally-funded health care program, including Medicare or Medicaid at all times.
- Unrestricted federal DEA number and applicable state drug permits at all times.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Familiarity with EHR (e.g. Allscripts, Cerner, EPIC) including ability to navigate multiple EHR systems and provide/maintain current records in a timely fashion.
- Must be certified.
- Proof of completion of mandatory reporter abuse training specific to population serviced within three months of hire date.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITY REQUIREMENTS: (Constant = 67-100% of work day, Frequent = 34-66% of work day, Occasional = 33% of work day).
- Reaching: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Walking: Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances.
- Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Hearing: Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal range. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make fine discriminations in sound, i.e., auscultation of breath sounds, blood pressures.
- Feeling: Perceiving attributes of objects, such as size, shape, temperature or texture by touching with skin, particularly that of fingertips, i.e., nursing assessments.
- Standing: Particularly for sustained periods of time.
- Pushing: Using upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward or outward.
- Grasping: Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm.
- Lifting: Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position to position.
- Kneeling: Bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or knees.
- Crouching: Bending the body downward and forward by pending leg and spine.
- Fingering: Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand or arm. Requires manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination.
PHYSICAL DEMAND REQUIREMENTS:
- Medium Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- If patient is unable to function independently, a mechanism/assistive device and/or additional personnel must be utilized. If an object >50 pounds requires lifting, additional equipment/personnel must also be utilized.
VISUAL ACUITY REQUIREMENTS:
Work involves the accurate use of sharps and instructions, to assist with procedures to provide treatments to patients. Work requires close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Adaptability to accept responsibility for the medical direction and control of the medical care provided.
- Ability to maintain both a high standard of courtesy and cooperation in dealing with co-workers, patients and families and satisfactory job performance despite the stress of a health care environment.
- Ability to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Ability to attend to the needs or request of people, beyond giving or receiving instructions.
- Ability to adapt to situations involving the interpretation of feelings, ideas, or facts in terms of personal viewpoint.
- Ability to influence people in their opinions, attitudes or judgments about ideas or things.
- Ability to adapt to making generalizations, evaluations or decisions based on sensory or judgmental criteria.
- Ability to adapt to making generalizations, evaluations or decisions based on measurable or verifiable criteria.
- Ability to adapt to situations requiring precise attainment of set limits/standards.
- This employee has been identified as having the likelihood of occupational exposure to blood or other potentially infectious materials and, therefore, these materials are included in the OSHA Exposure Control Plan with all its specifications for preventing contact with the above materials.
- Various, as described by contract.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for this job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements and is subject to change as necessitated by operational requirements.
Back to Careers Archive