Medically Integrated Mobile Medication Service Operator/Driver
If you are interested in this position, please submit a resume in Indeed.com by following this link:
Basic Function and Scope of Responsibilities: Under the supervision of the MID Director and the MID Physician Liaison, operate Mission’s Mobile Medication Service which departs from Mission’s MID office and travels to designated service addresses to provide mobile medication services to Mission patients. Return completed paperwork to MID.
- Following the best practices for safety, both on the road and while in office
- Staff the Mobile Medication Service van providing medications within the mobile service offerings of Mission to Mission patients in accordance with Mission’s operating procedures.
- Communicate with team members regarding mobile services.
- Communicate issues to management.
- Communicate with patients and designated patient representatives regarding service status, including timing and location of mobile services.
- Address questions and concerns from patients receiving mobile medication services, communicating with MID or physician teams as needed.
- Ensure temperature of medications remains within pre-defined range.
- Meet service delivery deadlines and expectations.
- Tracking services as requested.
- Performing basic truck maintenance (fill gas tank, add air to tires, etc.)
- Obtain client or customer signatures when needed.
- Safe, defensive, courteous driving.
- Promote a work environment that is positive, customer-service oriented, and compliant with established company policies and procedures.
- Complete annual training in Fraud Waste & Abuse, Point of Sale Security, HIPPA, and Hazardous Drug handling/waste.
- Complete assignments and other tasks as assigned.
- Maintain a clean work environment.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Iowa Pharmacy Technician Registration or Registered Nurse license required.
- Earn and maintain a national pharmacy technician certification or nursing license.
- Previous work in oncology setting preferred.
- Knowledge of oral chemotherapy drugs and proper handling to reduce hazardous exposures.
- Knowledge of available resources to answer patient/family questions.
- Understands excellence in customer service.
- Knowledge of GPS systems and navigation.
- Excellent driving record and ability to prioritize safety when driving to and from delivery location.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong time management and organizational skills with attention to detail and an ability to focus and prioritize tasks at hand.
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills to identify issues and bring to a quick resolution.
- Forward planning and strategic thinker.
- Excellent customer service skills both over the phone and in person.
- Excellent communication skills both orally and in writing.
- Superb listening skills.
- Ability to align organization’s purpose with team goals.
- Maintain patient confidentiality.
Job Title this position reports to: MID Director, MID Physician Liaison
Job Titles directly reporting to this position: None
Working Conditions: Temperature controlled office setting and/or in a closed vehicle on a daily basis
Physical surroundings: Medical office, vehicle
Adverse working environment: Work may be stressful due to continual interaction with others, long hours required and nature of the medical specialty.
Physical Effort: Must possess the physical and mental abilities to perform the tasks normally associated with a delivery driver including walking, bending, standing, reaching and sitting.
Domestic/International Travel: Travel throughout the state of Iowa
Extensive Hours: Varies
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all associated responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions. Mission Cancer + Blood, reserves the right to change, amend, add, delete and otherwise assign any and all duties, responsibilities and position titles as it deems necessary to meet the needs of the business.
Mission Cancer + Blood is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: On the roadBack to Careers Archive