If interested in this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to the following link at indeed.com: Administrative Assistant
Mission Cancer + Blood
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Organizational Structure: Reports to CEO but is responsible to support Senior Leadership Team (CFO, COO, Patient Access Director, HR Director).
Basic Function and Scope of Responsibilities: Provide administrative support to ensure efficient operations for the administration staff. Supports managers and employees through a variety of tasks related to organization and communication. Responsible for confidential and time-sensitive material.
- Point of contact for internal and external stakeholders
- Administrative tasks as assigned
- Meeting set up for internal and external requests
- Managing calendars for CEO, CFO, COO and other management team members as necessary
- Attend internal meetings and provide minutes to attendees
- Conference and travel arrangements for executives
- Draft letters, memos, e-mails
- Create and maintain filing systems, both electronic and physical
- Patient dismissal letters for COO including certified mail tracking
- Business letters, memos and e-mails for CEO, CFO
- Welcome and escort guests and vendors for meetings with CEO, CFO, COO
- Prepare and disseminate monthly newsletter for all staff
- Organize monthly lunches and other food days as directed by management
- Event planning and execution
- Organize Doctor’s Day
- Assist management in organizing Employee Appreciation Week
- Other outings/events as requested
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Education Requirements: High School Diploma; Admin Assistant Certification preferred or three years’ experience as an administrative assistant required.
- Knowledge of computer systems and word processing programs.
- Knowledge of document management programs.
- Knowledge of customer service principles and techniques.
- Knowledge of HIPAA.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to make independent decisions daily, addressing the best way to handle specific tasks.
- Must collaborate with other administrators and support personnel, management and clients on a regular basis.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, plan and prepare for any issues that may arise.
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Outstanding competency for writing all types of communication including memos, emails, letters, and copy.
- Possess a high degree of integrity and confidentiality
- Work may be stressful at times due to continual interaction with internal employees, outside clients and the nature of the medical specialty.
- Must possess the physical and mental abilities to perform the tasks normally associated with the role including bending, reaching, sitting and remaining alert.
Mission Cancer + Blood is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all associated responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions. Mission Cancer + Blood, reserves the right to change, amend, add, delete and otherwise assign any and all duties, responsibilities and position titles as it deems necessary to meet the needs of the business.
Revised Date: May 2021
Mission Cancer + Blood
1221 PLEASANT STRET, SUITE 100, Des Moines, Iowa
411 laurel Street, Suite A300, Des Moines, Iowa
12495 University Avenue, Suite 200, Clive, Iowa
Job Type: Full-time
Back to Careers Archive