3-25-2020 Mission Cancer + Blood Letter to Patients re: Coronavirus
We hope this finds you safe during these unprecedented times. We wanted to send you an update on a few items.
- All patients with an appointment will be receiving a telephone call 24 hours in advance of their appointment to pre-screen for symptoms. If we have any concerns about coronavirus exposure, we will then have a member of our nursing staff contact you to further assess. We are doing this for your safety and the safety of all patients.
- Patients will also be screened prior to entry into the clinic. We again apologize for the abundance of caution, but it is all meant to keep you safe.
- PLEASE CONTACT US BEFORE COMING TO THE CLINIC IF YOU HAVE ANY CONCERNS ABOUT HAVING CORONAVIRUS OR ANY SYMPTOMS CONSISTENT WITH CORONAVIRUS.
- Campus Visitor Restrictions.
- Mission Cancer is located on the campuses of the major health systems in Iowa. Effective today, both health systems are taking additional coronavirus precautions and are not allowing visitors with very limited exceptions.
- Effective tomorrow, we will be extending their policy to our practice and we will not allow anyone to accompany you to your appointment or treatment except in limited circumstances. We apologize for this inconvenience.
- We understand these visitor restrictions are difficult and the moment we can lift these restrictions we will, but this is all being done to keep all our patients and staff as safe as possible.
Please continue to follow all the social distancing recommendations from the CDC and all government entities. The virus is spread mainly from person-to-person between people who are in close contact with one another. Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure and can include:
- Shortness of breath
- Sore throat
What should I do if I develop a fever, cough or have difficulty breathing?
- CALL FIRST before you go anywhere! Contact Mission Cancer and Blood (Phone: 515-282-2921) and tell them about your symptoms, recent travel to a coronavirus area, or suspected potential exposure to someone with coronavirus. If you require medical assistance, our staff will help you develop a plan to safely get to a healthcare provider. DO NOT use public transportation, ride sharing, or taxis.
- COVER your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough and sneeze and immediately discard in the trash.
- WASH your hands often.
Thank you for your cooperation as we all go through this together. For up-to-date information related to CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19), please visit www.polkcountyiowa.gov/health.
Mission Cancer + Blood